8. KODAK 3D Printing Filament PLA tough 8 Smart International expressly disclaims any and all liabi lity for incidental, consequential or any other damages arising out of the use or misuse of this product. No information provided shall be deemed to be a recommendation to use any product in conflict with any existing patent rights.
2. KODAK 3D Printing Filament PLA tough 2 Section 3 . Composition Chemical name: Polylactic Acid Chemical Family: Polymer, thermoplastic copolymer. Product Use: Monofilament for FFF 3D Printing Section 4 . First Aid Measures Skin Contact: It is unlikely that first aid shall be needed. In case of contamination, rinse skin with running water. Molten material may cause thermal burns. Get medical attention when in case of burn or skin irratation. Inhalation Heating may release irritating fumes. Move exposed person to fresh air keep at rest in a comfortable position. Drink water to clean the throat and blow nose to remove the dust. Get medical advice. Eye Contact It is unlikely that first aid shall be needed. In case of dust in the eyes, rinse mmediately eyes with plenty of water at least 15 minutes. If irritation persists, get medical advice from and opthalmologist . Ingestion Not likely due to nature of product. It is unlikely that first aid shall be needed. The produc t is not considered toxic. Drink plenty of water. It may cause gastrointestinal blockage , get medical advice. Notice to Physician It is unlikely that first aid shall be needed if the product is used under ordinary conditions. Treat symptomatically according to victim’s conditions and specifics of incident . Antidote None known. Treat symptomatically and supportively. Section 5 . Fire - fighting Measures Flammability: Autoignition temperature: Not available. Chemical name CAS n./ECL n./EINECS n . Contents (%) Poly l actide resin 90 51 - 89 - 2 > 8 5
3. KODAK 3D Printing Filament PLA tough 3 Suitable extinguishing media Water, foam, regular dry chemical, carbon dioxide Alcohol resistant foams are preferred if available. General - purpose synthetic foams (including AFFF) or protein foams may func tion, but much less effectively . Unsuitable extinguishing media None known. Specific hazards arising from the chemical Avoid generating dust. Fine dust dispersed in air in sufficient concentrations, and in the presence of an ignition source is a potential dust explosion hazard. Hazardous Combustion Products Ca rbon monoxide, Carbon dioxide, Hydrog en cyanide (HCN) . Levels of fire hazard: Not available . Fire fighting procedures and equipments Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (see section 9. EXPOSURE CONTROLS/PERSONAL PROTECTION). Avoid inhalation of smoke or gas when fire fighting. Use self contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) for protection against possible exposure. Isolate hazard area and deny entry. Stay upwind and keep out of low areas. Move container from fire area if it can be done without risk. Cool containers with water until w ell after fire is out. Special Protective Equipment and Precautions for Firefighters Avoid inhalation of material or combustion by - products. Stay upwind and keep out of low areas. Section 6 . Accidental Release Measures Per sonal Precautions, Protective Equi pment and Emergency procedures Perform in accordance with section 9 . EXPOSURE CONTROLS/PERSONAL PROTECTION . Wear full protective fire fighting gear including self contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) for protection against possible exposure. Methods a nd Materials for Containment and Cleaning Up Where possible allow leak of molten material to solidify before disposal in an appropriate container . Dispose in accordance with all applicable regulations. Environmental Precautions Avoid dispersal of spilt material and run off and contact with waterways, drains , sewers and basements or confined areas . If large spills, advise emergency services. Comply with all applicable regulations on spill and release reporting. Section 7 . Handling and Storage H andling Keep away from the molten plastic while printing in case of being burned.
1. KODAK 3D Printing Filament PLA tough 1 SAFETY DATA SHEET In accordance with paragraph (d) of 29 CFR 1910.1200:2012 Regulation (EU) No. 1907/2006, Section 1. Chemical Product and Company identification Product Name : KODAK 3D Printing Filament PLA tough Importer : Smart International Inc. 20 35 Sunset Lake Road Newark, Delaware 19702 USA. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org USA Emergency Poison Control Hot Line (24/7) : 1 (800) 222 - 1222 o r call your LOCAL POISON CONTROL CENTER . Section 2 . Hazards Identification GHS Classification : Not applicable GHS label elements Hazard symbols : None needed. Signal word : None needed. Hazard statement : None needed. Precautionary statements Prevention: None needed. Response: None needed. Storage: None needed. EU Classification Classification of substance or mixture : REGULATION (EC) No 1272/2008 This product is not classified as dang erous according to EC criteria. Di sposal Dispose of contents/cont ainer in accordance with local/ regional/national/international regulation. OSHA Regulatory Status This product is not considered hazardous by the 2012 OSHA Hazard Communicat ion Standard (29 CFR 1910.1200) Other hazards which do not result in classification : NFPA rating: (0~4 steps) Health=1, Flammability=0, Reactivity=0
4. KODAK 3D Printing Filament PLA tough 4 St orage Store at temperatures not e xceeding 50°C/ 122°F. Keep cool . Avoid heat, flames, sparks and other sources of ignition. Keep away from incompatible materials. Incompatible Materials Oxidizing agents. Section 8 . Exposure Controls & Personal Protection Component Exposure limit Exposure limit under ISHL Not applicable ACGIH Not applicable Biological exposure limits Not applicable EU - Occupational Exposure (98/24/EC) - Binding Biological Limit Values and Health Surveillance Measures There are no biological limit values for any of this product's components. Engineering Controls A system of local and/or general exhaust ventilantion system is recommended to keep exposure below the Exposure Limits. Local exhaust ventilation is considered sufficient to effectively remove emissions (dusts and fumes) of the contaminant at its source, preventing dispersion during handling or thermal processing . Personal Protective Equipment Respiratory Protection No respirator is required under normal conditions of use . Under conditions of frequent use or heavy exposure, Respiratory protection may be needed . Eye /face/skin Protection None dur ing normal use. Protect against molten solid by w ear ing protective gloves. Section 9 . Physical & Chemical Properties Appearance: Monofilament, spool Physical State: Solid Odor: Sweet pH: Not available Freezing point: Not available
5. KODAK 3D Printing Filament PLA tough 5 Melting point: 165 - 180 °C Glass Transition point: 55 - 60 °C Initial Boiling Point/Boiling Ranges : Not available Evapourating Rate: Not available Flammability (solid, gas): Not available Upper/Lower Flammability or explosive limits: Not available Vapour pressure: Not available Solubility: Insoluble Vapour density (Air=1): Not available Relative density: 1.22 Partition coefficient of n - octanol/water: Not available Decomposition Temperature: Not available M olecular weight: Not available Section 10 . Stability & Reactivity Reactivity/ Stability This product is chemical stable under recommended storage , handling , use and temperature conditions . Possibility of Hazardous Reaction Will not polymerize . Conditions to Avoid Avoid contact with heat above 23 0°C (446°F) , sparks, flame or other ignition sources. Avoid keeping resin molten for excessive periods of time at elevated temperatures. Prolonged exposure will cause polymer degradation . Materials to Avoid Strong oxidizing agents . Hazardous Decomposition Products B ur ning produces obnoxious and toxic fumes, Aldehydes, Carbon monoxide (CO), carbon dioxide (CO2) . Section 11 . Toxicological Information Information on the likely routes of exposure
7. KODAK 3D Printing Filament PLA tough 7 UN/Id No.: Not regulated for transport of dangerous goods Proper shipping name: None Hazard class: Not applicable Packing group: None ICAO/IATA: UN - No.: Not regulated for transport of dangerous goods Proper shipping name: None Hazard Class: Not applicable . Packing group: None Section 15 . Regulatory Information U.S. Federal Regulations SARA 313 Not listed TSCA Inventory List: Listed STATE REGULATIONS California Proposition 65: Not listed INTERNATIONAL INVENTORIES Canada DSL Inventory List : Listed REACH/EU EINECS List : Components are in compliance with and/or are listed. Japan (ECL): Listed Australia (AICS): Listed Korean chemical inventory: Listed China inventory of ex isting chemical substances list: Listed Issue date : 2017. 10. 28 Disclaimer This SDS, based on current knowledge and experience , contains a general summary of hazards and is consistent with the information provided by the supplier . No liability can be assumed for the accuracy and completeness of this information. The information in this SDS applies for this specific material only. It therefore does not apply for its usage in combination with other materials or ways of processing. It is user’s responsibility to read and understand this information and incorporate it into individual safety programs , according to all legal and regulatory applicable procedures . Smart International gives no warranty whatsoever, inc luding the warranties of merchantability or of fitness for a particular purpose. Any product purchased is sold on the assumption the user shall determine the quality and suitability of the product.
6. KODAK 3D Printing Filament PLA tough 6 Inhalation : No data available . Not expected to be harmful. Dust may cause irritation of the upper respiratory tract. Ingestion : No data available. Not expected to be harmful . Eye/Skin: No data available. Not expected to be harmful . Genotoxicity : No data available. Not expected to be harmful . Medical Conditions Aggravated by Exposure No data available. Not expected to be harmful . Section 12 . Ecological Information Ecotoxicity No data available . Persistence and Degradability No data available. Bioaccumulative Potential No data available. Mobility No data available . Section 13 . Disposal Considerations Disposal methods Dispose of contents/container in accordance with applicable local , regional , national , and / or international laws and regulations. Avoid release to the environment. Incineration should be done in accordance with prevailing municipal, state, and federal laws and standards from local environmental agencies . Section 14 . Transport Information US DOT Information UN/NA numbe r : Not regulated for transport of dangerous goods Proper shipping name : None Hazard class : Not applicable Packing group : None IMDG:
- 8 Total Views
- 5 Website Views
- 3 Embeded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+