9. KODAK 3D Printing Filament ABS 9 The information in this SDS applies for this specific material only. It therefore does not apply for its usage in combination with other materials or ways of processing. I t is user’s responsibility to read and understand this information and incorporate it into individual safety programs , according to all legal and regulatory applicable procedures . Smart International gives no warranty whatsoever, including the warranties of merchantability or of fitness for a particular purpose. Any product purchased is sold on the assumption the user shall determine the quality and suitability of the product. Smart International expressly disclaims any and all liability for incidental, c onsequential or any other damages arising out of the use or misuse of this product. No information provided shall be deemed to be a recommendation to use any product in conflict with any existing patent rights.
3. KODAK 3D Printing Filament ABS 3 symptomatically according to victim’s condition s and specifics of incident . Antidote None known. Treat symptomatically and supportively. Section 5. Fire - fighting Measures Flammability: Autoignition temperature: 455 ° C . Su i table extinguishing media Water, foam, regular dry chemical , carbon dioxide. Unsuitable extinguishing media None known. Specific hazards arising from the chemical Avoid generating dust. Fine dust dispersed in air in sufficient concentrations, and in the presence of an ignition source is a potential dust explosion hazard. Hazardous Combustion Products Ca rbon monoxide, Carbon dioxide, H ydrogen cyanide , HCN, Acrylonitrile, Styrene monomer. Levels of fire hazard : Not available Fire fighting procedures and equipments Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (see section 9 . EXPOSURE CONTROLS/PERSONAL PROTECTION). Avoid inhalation of smoke or gas when fire fighting. Use self contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) for protection against possible exposure. Isolate hazard area and deny entry. Stay upwind and keep out of low areas. Move container from fire area if it can be done without risk. Cool containers with water until well after fire is out. Special Protective Equipment and Precautions for Firefighters Avoid inhalation of material or combustion by - products. Stay upwind and keep out of low areas. Section 6 . Accidental Release Measures Per sonal Precautions, Protective Equi pment and Emergency procedures Perform in accordance with section 9 . EXPOSURE CONTROLS/PERSONAL PROTECT ION . Wear full protective fire fighting gear including self contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) for protection against possible exposure. Methods and Materials for Containment and Cleaning Up Where possible allow leak of molten material to solidify before disposal in an appropriate container . Dispose in accordance with all applicable regulations.
1. KODAK 3D Printing Filament ABS 1 SAFETY DATA SHEET In accordance with paragraph (d) of 29 CFR 1910.1200:2012 Regulation (EU) No. 1907/2006, Section 1. Chemical Product and Company identification Product Name : KODAK 3D Printing Filament ABS Importer : Smart International Inc. 20 35 Sunset Lake Road Newark, Delaware 19702 USA. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org USA Emergency Poison Control Hot Line (24/7) : 1 (800) 222 - 1222 o r call your LOCAL POISON CONTROL CENTER . Section 2 . Hazards Identification GHS Classification : Not applicable GHS label elements Hazard symbols : None needed. Signal word : None needed. Hazard statement : None needed. Harmful if swallowed. Precautionary statements Prevention: None needed. Response: None needed. Storage: None needed. EU Classification Classification of substance or mixture : REGULATION (EC) No 1272/2008 This product is not classified as dangerous according to EC criteria. Disposal Dispose of contents/cont ainer in accordance with local/ regional/national/international regulation. OSHA Regulatory Status This product is not considered hazardous by the 2012 O SHA Hazard Communicat ion Standard (29 CFR 1910.1200) Other hazards which do not result in classification : NFPA rating: (0~4 steps) Health=1, Flammability=0, Reactivity=0
4. KODAK 3D Printing Filament ABS 4 Environmental Precautions Avoid dispersal of spilt material and run off and contact with waterways, drains , sewers and basements or confined areas . If large spills, advise emergency services. Comply with all applicable regulations on spill and release reporting. Section 7 . Handling and Storage H andling Keep away from the molten plastic while printing in case of being burned. St orage Store at temperatures not e xceeding 50°C/ 122°F. Keep cool . Avoid heat, flames, sparks and other sources of ignition. Keep away from incompatible materials. Incompatible Materials Oxidizing agents. Section 8 . Exposure Controls / Personal Protection Component Exposure limit Exposure limit under ISHL Not applicable ACGIH Not applicable Biological exposure limits Not applicable EU - Occupational Exposure (98/24/EC) - Binding Biological Limit Values and Health Surveillance Measures There are no biological limit values for any of this product's components. Engineering Controls A system of local and/or general exhaust ventilantion system is recommended to keep exposure below the Exposure Limits. Local exhaust ven tilation is considered sufficient to effectively remove emissions (dusts and fumes) of the contaminant at its source, preventing dispersion during handling or thermal processing . Personal Protective Equipment Respiratory Protection No respirator is requi red under normal conditions of use . Under conditions of frequent use or heavy exposure, Respiratory protection may be needed Eye /face/skin Protection None during normal use. Protect against molten solid by w ear ing protective gloves.
7. KODAK 3D Printing Filament ABS 7 Persistence and Degradability No information available for the product. Bioaccumulative Potential No information available for the product. Mobility No information available for the product. Section 13 . Disposal Considerations Disposal methods Dispose of contents/container in accordance with applicable local , regional , national , and / or international laws and regulations. Avoid release to the environment. Incineration should be done in accordance with prevailing municipal, state, and federal laws and standards from local environmental agencies . Section 14 . Transport Information US DOT Information UN/NA numbe r : Not regulated for transport of dangerous goods Proper shipping name : None Hazard class : Not applicable Packing group : None IMDG: UN/Id No.: Not regulated for transport of dangerous goods Proper shipping name: None Hazard class: Not applicable Packing group: None ICAO/IATA: UN - No.: Not regulated for transport of dangerous goods Proper shipping name: None Hazard Class: Not applicable . Packing group: None This material contains one or more of the following chemicals required by the IBC Code to be identified as dangerous chemicals in bulk. Styrene 100 - 42 - 5 IBC Code: Category Y
6. KODAK 3D Printing Filament ABS 6 Materials to Avoid Strong oxidizing agents. Hazardous Decomposition Products G as /steam, oxides of carbon, oxides of nitrogen, HCN, acrylonitrile, styrene monomer . S ection 11 . Toxicological Information Information on the likely routes of exposure Inhalation : No data available . Not expected to be harmful. Dust may cause irritation of the upper respiratory tract. Ingestion : No data available. Not expected to be harmful. Eye/Skin: No data available. Not expected to be harmful. Molten material may cause burns. Genotoxicity : No data available. Not expected to be harmful. Medical Conditions Aggravated by Exposure No data available. Section 12 . Ecological Information Aquatic Toxicity N o information is available. Toxicity is expected to be low based on insolubility in water. Component Analysis - Aquatic Toxicity Styrene 100 - 42 - 5 Fish: LC50 96 h Pimephales promelas 3.24 - 4.99 mg/L [flow - through]; LC50 96 h Lepomis macrochirus 19.03 - 33.53 mg/L [static]; LC50 96 h Pimephales promelas 6.75 - 14.5 mg/L [static]; LC50 96 h Poecilia reticulata 58.75 - 95.32 mg/L [static] Algae: EC50 72 h Pseudokirchneriella subcapitata 1.4 mg/L IUCLID; EC50 96 h Pseudokirchneriella subcapitata 0.72 mg/L IUCLID; EC50 72 h Pseudokirchneriella subcapitata 0.46 - 4.3 mg/L [static] EPA; EC50 96 h Pseudokirchneriella subcapitata 0.15 - 3.2 mg/L [static ] EPA Invertebrate: EC50 48 h Daphnia magna 3.3 - 7.4 mg/L EPA
2. KODAK 3D Printing Filament ABS 2 Section 3. Composition Chemical name: Acrylonitrile - Butadiene - Styrene Copolymer. Chemical Family: Polymer, thermoplastic copolymer. Product Use: Monofilament for FFF 3D Printing Section 4 . First - Aid Measures Skin Contact It is unlikely that first aid shall be needed. In case of contamination, rinse skin with running water. Molten material may cause thermal burns. Get medical attention when in case of burn or skin irratation. Inhalation Heating may release irritating fumes. Move exposed person to fresh air keep at rest in a comfortable position. Drink water to clean the throat and blow nose to remove the dust. Get medical advice. Eye Contact It is unlikely that first aid shall be needed. In case of dust in the eyes, rinse mmediately eyes with plenty of water at least 15 minutes. If irritation persists, get medical advice from and opthalmologist . Ingestion Not likely due to nature of product. It is unlikely that first aid shall be needed. The product is not considered toxic. Drink plenty of water. It may cause gastrointestinal blockage , get medical advice. Notice to Physician It is unlikely that first aid shall be needed if the product is used under ordinary conditions. Treat Chemical name CAS n./ECL n./EINECS n . Contents (%) Acrylonitrile - butadiene - styrene co - polymer 9003 - 56 - 9/KE - 29398 97~100 Stabilizer Proprietary 0~1 Lubricant Proprietary 0~2 Acrylonitrile monomer 107 - 13 - 1/KE - 29393/203 - 466 - 5 <0.1 Butadiene monomer 106 - 99 - 0/KE - 3719/203 - 450 - 8 <0.1 Styrene monomer 100 - 42 - 5/KE - 35342/202 - 851 - 5 <0.1
5. KODAK 3D Printing Filament ABS 5 Section 9 . Physical & Chemical Properties Appearance: Monofilament , spool Physical State: Solid Odor: Odorless , plastic pH: 7 Melting point : Not available Initial Boiling Point/Boiling Ranges : Not available Flash point : 349 °C (660 ° F) Evapourating Rate : Not available Flammability (solid, gas) : 1/16 ̈HB (UL94) Upper/Lower F lammability or explosive limits : Not available Vapour pressure: Not available Solubility : Insoluble Vapour density (Air=1) : Not available Relative density : 1. 02 ~1. 17 Partition coefficient of n - octanol/water : Not available Autoignition Temperature : 455 °C Decomposition Temperature : Not available Viscosity : 150~170 °C Molecular weight : 50,000 ~ 200,000 Section 10 . Stability & Reactivity Reactivity/ Stability This product is chemical stable under recommended storage , handling , use and temperature conditions . Possibility of Hazardous Reaction Will not polymerize . Conditions to Avoid Avoid contact with heat above 32 0°C , sparks, flame or other ignition sources.
8. KODAK 3D Printing Filament ABS 8 Section 15 . Regulatory Information U.S. Federal Regulations This material contains one or more of the following chemicals required to be identified under SARA Section 302 (40 CFR 355 Appendix A), SARA Section 313 (40 CFR 372.65), CERCLA (40 CFR 302.4), TSCA 12(b), and/or require an OSHA process safety plan. Styrene 100 - 42 - 5 SARA 313 0.1 % minimum concentration CERCLA 1000 lb final RQ; 454 Kg final RQ Component Analysis - Inventory ABS resin (9003 - 56 - 9) US CA EU AU PH JP ENCS JP ISHL KR KECI/KECL KR TCCA CN NZ MX TW Yes DSL No Yes Yes Yes No Yes No Yes Yes Yes Yes Styrene (100 - 42 - 5) US CA EU AU PH JP ENCS JP ISHL KR KECI/KECL KR TCCA CN NZ MX TW Yes DSL EIN Yes Yes Yes No Yes No Yes Yes Yes Yes NFPA Ratings Health : 0 Fire : 1 Reactivity : 0 Hazard Scale : 0 = Minimal 1 = Slight 2 = Moderate 3 = Serious 4 = Severe Issue date : 2017. 10. 28 Disclaimer This SDS, based on current knowledge and experience , contains a general summary of hazards and is consistent with the information provided by the supplier . No liability can be assumed for the accuracy and completeness of this information.
- 10 Total Views
- 5 Website Views
- 5 Embeded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+