KODAK v2.0 firmware release notes
KODAK 3D printers combine world-class hardware, filaments, print profiles and software to provide a truly reliable 3D printing experience.
The firmware provides the magic inside the 3D printer to make it easy to use, reliable, integrated, and sophisticated. This initial version 2 release is a major step forward to let us provide additional features regularly.
- Improved usability of bed leveling calibration routine
- Improved bi-directional printing status communication with the Cloud
- Platform now homes when entering manual control to prevent crashing against the printhead
- Improved navigation menu
- User messages improvements
- Aesthetic improvements
- Improved visual style (user interface), with new or modified screens, icons and navigation
- Added new languages (Polish, German) to existing ones (English, Spanish, Italian, French)
- Improved calibration routines
- Improved filament load and unload routines
- Improved welcome wizard to guide users in setting up their printer the first time
- Improved WiFi management
- Improved Information panel showing MAC address, IP for Ethernet and Wifi
- Major internal rewrite for stability, speed, and future upgradeability
- Optimization of the operating system for greater speed and additional security.
- Faster screen refresh, more responsive controls
- New Updater
- Factory reset capability, in case of SD card failure
- Various bugs fixed and minor improvements introduced